These lemon ricotta muffins are super moist and bursting with lemon flavor plus they only take 30 minutes to make! They are one of my favorite on the go breakfasts with some coffee. This recipe makes 12 muffins.
- 2 cups AP flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar + more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest + more for garnish
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter or vegetable oil
- Optional garnish: candied lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease or line 12-cup muffin tray with paper liners and set aside.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a bowl (flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, lemon zest).
- Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl (ricotta, eggs, vanilla extract, butter or vegetable oil).
- Combine both wet and dry ingredients until you have a thick batter.
- Fill each muffin tray with batter about 1/2-3/4 of the way full.
- Garnish with sugar and lemon zest and optional candied lemon wedge.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool on a rack and serve!