These cookies are so easy to devour! The creamy ricotta and zesty lemon are such a great combination. I love adding a little food coloring to my frosting and sprinkles. These can be made for holidays and customized accordingly. This recipe makes 24 cookies and takes 30 minutes.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cupswhite sugar
- 1 eggs
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the frosting:
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup colored candy sprinkles
- Optional: Food coloring
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the ricotta cheese and vanilla.
3. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda and stir into the ricotta mixture. Drop tablespoon sized scoops onto a greased cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden. Let cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. Make the frosting by warming milk, 1/2 teaspoon of butter and shortening, in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until melted. Remove from heat and stir in the confectioners’ sugar a little at a time with lemon zest and extract. Add food coloring of choice if desired.
6. Dip each cookie into the icing and then sprinkles. Enjoy!