If you love a good chocolate chip cookie, you will love these hazelnut chocolate chip cookies by Giada De Laurentiis! They are so yummy dunked in coffee or milk. This recipe makes 4 dozen!
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 oz English toffee candy (recommended: Heath or Skor bar), finely chopped
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted, husked, and chopped
- 1 (12-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line 2 heavy large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Finely chop the oats in a food processor.
- Transfer the oats to a medium bowl. Mix in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars in a large bowl until fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and stir just until blended.
- Stir in the toffee, hazelnuts, and chocolate chips.
- For each cookie, drop 1 rounded tablespoonful of dough onto sheet, spacing 1-inch apart (do not flatten dough).
- Bake until the cookies are golden (cookies will flatten slightly), about 15 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely. (The cookies can be prepared 1 day ahead.
- Store airtight at room temperature.)
- Recipes and photos by Giada