At family parties, I really look forward to having Italian sausage stuffed mushrooms, they’re one of my favorite bites in a spread. I developed this recipe based on family recipes and it is so yummy! Red pepper flakes are optional but add a nice bite to these. This recipe makes 28 stuffed mushrooms and takes about 30 minutes!
- 28 baby bella mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Stir breadcrumbs, Pecorino Romano, garlic, parsley, oregano, pinch of salt and pepper and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium bowl to combine.
- Cook Italian sausage in a pan; once cooked, fill each mushroom with sausage, leaving room for breadcrumb mixture on top. Spoon the breadcrumb mixture on top of the sausage. Sprinkle red pepper flakes and more cheese on top of each mushroom.
- Grease a large baking sheet and place stuffed mushrooms in rows.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.