Light, tangy, sweet and simple. Nonnas limoncello and ricotta almond cake will leave you wanting more than just on slice!
- 1 Stick of Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/3 Cups of Sugar
- 1 Cup of Full-Fat Ricotta
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Zest from 1 Lemon
- 3 Eggs (at room temperature and separated)
- 3 Tbsps of Limoncello
- 2 1/2 Cups of Almond Flour
- 1 Tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/3 Cup of Sliced Almonds
- Icing Sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter a 9-inch springform pan and line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until incorporated. Mix in the ricotta, vanilla, and lemon zest.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add the egg yolks, one at a time, continuing to beat until very light and creamy. Add in the limoncello, almond flour and baking powder and beat to combine.
- In a separate clean chilled bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the cake mixture. (Don’t worry if white streaks remain – they will disappear once in the oven.)
- Pour the mixture into the prepared springform pan. Smooth the top with a spatula or spoon. Sprinkle with the sliced almonds. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until firm yet slightly springy to the touch.
- Allow to cool completely then dust with powdered sugar and serve!