The Sgroppino is a classic Venetian cocktail made by mixing lemon sorbetto, prosecco and vodka. Sometimes I like to use limoncello in place of vodka for an extra taste of lemon! It reminds me a bit of a margarita – zesty with a touch of sweetness, frozen and refreshing! Candied lemon or lemon peel is a great garnish for this drink.
- 6 oz lemon sorbetto
- 4 oz prosecco
- 1 oz vodka
- Candied lemon, lemon peel or mint leaves for optional garnish
- Put sorbetto into a large bowl (preferably metal). Add half the prosecco and whisk it until combined and soft.
- Whisk in the vodka and remaining Prosecco.
- Serve in champagne flutes and drink immediately or pour into a jar and freeze until you are ready to drink. Tip: It should be served like a slushy so it may need to be tempered depending on how long it freezes for.
- Garnish with optional lemon or mint.