Check out our list of 12 things EVERY Italian should know!
Whether it’s towards your family or friends, if you give respect you will get respect
2. Keep Nonna & Mom’s Recipes a Secret
Just like many other things with Italians, it’s better to keep it in the family.
3. Good Espresso Vs. Bad Espresso
If you think Starbucks espresso is great than you must not be an actual espresso drinker.
4. The Region and Town Your Family is From
Know your roots.
5. At Least 10 Different Pasta Shapes
Linguine, Fettuccine, Macaroni, Penne, Spaghetti, Ravioli, Tortellini, Cavatelli, Fusilli, Orecchiette
6. Homemade Sauce Vs. Store-Bought
9 times our of 10 if you happen to try store-bought sauce you will be sick!
7. Always Compliment Nonnas Cooking
No one makes food like nonna anyways. She will light up if you compliment her pasta every time.
8. What Vaffanculo Means
You probably even use this word when you’re mad.
9. Never Go to Someones House Empty-Handed
This is taught by the Italian parents. It just looks bad on you if you go to someones house empty handed. Pastries or wine are good to bring!
10. A Few Words of Italian
For those who don’t speak fluent Italian, you should at least understand a few words!
11. How to Dress
As Italians, we just effortlessly dress to impress on the daily!
12. Sunday is Meant for Family and Family Only
Good luck if you try to make plans with your friends!
What are some other things Italians should know? Let us know in the comments below!