If there’s anything better than wine, it’s frozen wine! This delicious sorbetto is made with only 4 ingredients including fresh blackberries and red wine. Serve with fresh berries and enjoy!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup red wine
- 12 oz blackberries
- 2 cups water
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and wine and simmer over medium heat.
- Stir to dissolve sugar and add the blackberries and water, bring to a simmer and turn down to low.
- Cook on low for 20 minutes, blackberries should be very soft. Let cool.
- Strain mixture into a bowl, pressing out the liquid from the blackberries and discard solids.
- Cover and refrigerate atleast 6 hours or overnight.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and use according to manufacturers instructions.
- Transfer sorbetto to an airtight container and freeze for atleast 4 hours before serving; store in the freezer for up to a week.
- Temper and serve with fresh berries!