This delicious biscotti recipe has the flavor of cannoli and is the perfect breakfast treat to dunk in coffee!
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter + 1 tablespoon, divided
- 1/8 cup ricotta
- 1/8 cup mascarpone
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pistachios
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 F and grease a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, sift cake flour, baking powder and salt. Using a stand mixer, beat 1/4 cup melted butter, ricotta, mascarpone, egg, amaretto and vanilla until combined. Next, beat in sugar until combined.
- Stir flour mixture into wet ingredients until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pistachios.
- On a lightly floured surface, gently knead dough into a log about 4-5 inches around.
- Place on the greased baking sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden.
- Cool for 15 minutes before transferring to a cutting board. Slice diagonally slice log into 1 inch thick pieces.
- Place slices back onto sheet pan and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until slightly crisp.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool and dust with powdered sugar.