These incredible fried zucchini sticks are the perfect summer treat! They are coated in breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese and fried to perfection. My Noni makes them each summer with fresh zucchini from the garden!
- 2-3 large zucchini
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plain dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder optional
- 1-quart vegetable (or canola oil) for frying
- Pour oil into frying pan and heat
- Quarter zucchini into 1-inch strips
- Put the flour into a shallow dish for drenching the zucchini. Pour buttermilk into a separate shallow dish and whish with eggs. In a third dish, stir breadcrumbs, parmesan, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder
- Fully coat zucchini slices in flour, then dip into the buttermilk mixture and then roll in bread crumb mixture.
- In small batches, fry the zucchini for about three minutes or until golden brown. Using a slotted metal spoon, remove the zucchini when it is golden brown and transfer to a dish lined with paper towels. Serve hot