This is my favorite version of pumpkin pie that I love to make around the holidays and for Thanksgiving. It’s really more of a cheesecake and incorporates mascarpone and ricotta. It’s creamy and fluffy and perfect with a graham cracker crust! Serve with fresh whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon!
For the crust:
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
For the filling:
- 24 oz mascarpone cheese at room temperature
Note: You can also do 12 oz cream cheese/12 oz mascarpone or only cream cheese if you like.
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 15 oz canned pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons ap flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Cinnamon for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- To make the crust, pulse graham crackers in a food processor until finely ground.
- In a bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon and melted butter.
- Transfer to two 9-inch pie dishes or one deep 9×3 inch pie dish and use a spatula and your fingers to press crumbs into the bottom and sides of the dish.
- Bake at 350˚F for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and cool to room temp.
- Next, make the filling; in a bowl using a hand or stand mixer, beat mascarpone and brown sugar until light and creamy (about 5 minutes).
- In a separate bowl, using a whisk, mix pumpkin puree, eggs, ricotta, flour, pumpkin spice, salt and vanilla extract until well combined. Add to the mascarpone mixture and continue to mix until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Pour filling into the crust and bake on the middle rack at 350˚F for 1 hour.
- Remove and and let cool at room temp for atleast 45 minutes before covering with foil or plastic wrap and refrigerating.
- Serve with optional whipped cream and cinnamon when fully chilled (atleast 6 hours or overnight).