These pumpkin walnut muffins are a delicious fall treat and perfect for breakfast, a snack or dessert. I serve these plain because I like to have them for breakfast with coffee and a banana, but you could dust these with cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar for a sweeter treat! This recipe makes 12 muffins.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (fresh or canned)
- 1 cup fresh ricotta
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 3/4 cups ap flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a bowl, using a hand or stand mixer, mix the pumpkin, ricotta, egg and oil and blend until smooth.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin spice into the pumpkin mixture and mix on medium speed until smooth. Fold in the walnuts.
- Spoon batter 3/4 of the way full into a greased muffin tray and bake for 15-17 minutes. Note: Test the center of a muffin with a knife to make sure it comes out clean and the muffins are fully cooked.
- Let cool before serving. Note: You could dust these with cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar right out of the oven if you like a sweeter treat!