This creamy ricotta pasta has great crunchy texture from the pistachios and a subtle bite from the black pepper. I love incorporating lemon with ricotta because they compliment each other so well! This pasta would be great served with a full bodied white wine like Sicilian Chardonnay.
- 1 lb pasta
- 1/4 cup fresh ricotta
- 1/4 cup crushed pistachios
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest grated from a lemon
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- In a pot of salted, boiling water, cook pasta until al dente. Reserve a cup of pasta water before draining.
- Add ricotta, pistachios, lemon zest and a splash of pasta water to the pasta and stir or toss to combine. Note: Ricotta will become saucy with the added pasta water. If it isn’t getting saucy, add more pasta water and stir continuously until it is creamy.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste, stir to combine and serve with a Sicilian Chardonnay or another full bodied white wine.