This light and zesty pasta is full of flavor! I love making this for lunch on a busy day because it only takes about 15 minutes to make. The pistachios add a nice crunch while the lemon and arugula brighten up the creamy mascarpone. I chose rigatoni for this dish because I love it when the cheese and pistachios get caught in the tubes. I would serve this with Prosecco to complement the flavors.
- 1 lb rigatoni
- 3/4 cup mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup roasted pistachios, chopped
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh grated lemon zest
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- In a pot of salted, boiling water, cook pasta until al dente. Reserve a cup of pasta water before draining.
- Add the mascarpone, pistachios, garlic, and lemon zest to the pasta with a splash of pasta water. Stir or toss to combine over low heat. Next, add the arugula with another splash of pasta water if needed to wilt the arugula. Stir or toss to combine. Note: Use enough pasta water so that the mascarpone becomes creamy and saucy and coats the pasta.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve with Prosecco!