I am a huge dog lover and I love spoiling my little fur baby more than anything! Whenever I make farro, I like to use the leftovers to make special dog treats for him. It’s really simple to make and dogs go crazy for them! Grains aren’t for all doggies but old dogs can especially benefit from these ancient grains due to their high fiber and protein content. I like to switch up this recipe and make savory cookies with a little parmesan and oregano for my dog too! Try out different combinations with farro and let us know your favorite in the comments below!
- 2 cups cooked farro
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour + more for dusting
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine until a dough ball forms. Note: It’s easiest to use your hands for this. Grease your hands with a little olive oil so that the peanut butter doesn’t stick to you!
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface using a floured rolling pin until it’s about 1/2 inch thick.
- Use a cookie cutter or glass to cut out cookie shapes. Place cookies on a lightly greased baking tray.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Lower oven temp to 200 F and let cookies dehydrate for about 2 hours until they have hardened.