This creamy and zesty pasta bake is the perfect side dish for Thanksgiving or served with a protein like fish, pork chops, chicken, or steak. This is also heavy enough to be a main course served with salad and Prosecco! This is a versatile dish and only takes about 20 minutes to make. You could also serve this as pasta and reheat the leftovers as a baked dish, it’s really up to you!
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese
- 1 can artichoke hearts
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Juice and grated zest from a 1/2 lemon
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Breadcrumbs as needed
- Pecorino-Romano as needed
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a pot of salted, boiling water, cook orzo until just before al dente. Reserve a cup of pasta water before draining.
- Stir the mascarpone and butter into the drained pasta with a splash of the pasta water until well combined.
- Next, add the lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley, and garlic. Stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally, fold in the artichokes.
- Pour orzo into a baking dish and top with breadcrumbs and Pecorino. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve as a side dish or main course with Prosecco.