In this video, Claudia Romeo travels to Vietri, a beautiful Amalfi Coast city known for producing massive Amalfi lemons. The best Limoncello is made using quality ingredients! Watch how Limoncello is made in Italy and check out our recipe below.
Does your family make Limoncello? Let us know in the comments!
- 10 organic lemons
- 1 liter vodka
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 cups distilled or filtered water
- Enough sealable bottles or jars to fill 2 liters of liquid
- Clean the lemons thorougly.
- Using a grater, zest all of the lemons. Pour the zest into a jar that is large enough to hold a liter of vodka and pour the vodka over the zest.
- Store at room temperature for one week to infuse the vodka.
- After one week, make a simple syrup. Combine the sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil for 15 minutes without stirring, it will become thick and syrupy. Allow to cool completely before stirring in the infused vodka.
- Strain the mixture into the sealable jars or bottles and seal tightly. Store the mixture for two weeks at room temperature.
- After the two weeks your Limoncello will be ready to serve! Place bottles or jars in the freezer until very cold and serve in chilled shot or cordial glasses.