This is a delicious recipe for Thanksgiving or Christmas morning! Pandoro and panettone make the best french toast and this recipe incorporates pistachios, creme anglaise, and caramel for a decadent breakfast. You can customize and adjust this recipe based on your needs.
- Pandoro or panettone
- Ground cinnamon
- Heavy cream
- Fresh grated nutmeg
- Caramel (homemade or store bought)
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- In a pan, toast some pistachios in butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Pour caramel over pistachios on a baking dish and place in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Make a creme angalise using this recipe here
- Make the batter for the pandoro and add some crushed pistachios. Pour in a plate large enough to dip the pandoro in.
- Slice the pandoro and coat each side in the batter with the pistachios.
- Melt some butter in a pan and let it brown slightly before frying the pandoro.
- Fry each side of the pandoro slices until browned.
- Plate with the creme anglaise, caramel, pistachios and the pistachio caramel brittle from the fridge. Dust with powdered sugar and cinnamon and serve!