Pandoro translates to mean “golden bread”. Although you could always purchase it in stores, store-bought pandoro is nothing like homemade!
The next time you are staying in during a snowy day, make this delicious recipe from The Spruce Eats!
For the Cake:
- 2/3 ounce/20 grams active baker’s yeast
- 3 cups/300 grams all-purpose flour (divided)
- 5 egg yolks (divided)
- 2/3 cup/120 grams granulated sugar (divided)
- 2 sticks/200 grams unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 lemon (zested)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/3 cup/30 grams powdered sugar
For the Mold:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour