Serve these delicious gingerbread biscotti on Christmas morning or any time during the holiday season! This recipe by All Recipes makes 4 dozen biscotti. Dunk in hot cocoa or coffee!
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground ginger
- ¾ tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ tablespoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix together oil, sugar, eggs, and molasses. In another bowl, combine flours, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg; mix into egg mixture to form a stiff dough.
- Divide dough in half, and shape each half into a roll the length of the cookie. Place rolls on cookie sheet, and pat down to flatten the dough to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool.
- When cool enough to touch, cut into 1/2 inch thick diagonal slices. Place sliced biscotti on cookie sheet, and bake an additional 5 to 7 minutes on each side, or until toasted and crispy.