The best part about this lemon pound cake is that you can add whatever toppings you like! From strawberries to Nutella to whipped cream, this cake can be adapted to your preferences! You can make it ahead of time for the holidays and store it in your freezer! Then, all you have to do is take it out and EAT! It also stays good for up to four days without freezing if stored in an air-tight bag! Get the recipe below from An Italian in My Kitchen!
- 1 1/4 cups + 1 tablespoon all purpose flour (180 grams)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar (125 grams)
- 1/2 cup whole fat vanilla yogurt (125 grams)
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (I use corn oil) (125 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Main Image & Recipe: An Italian in My Kitchen!