This festive gingerbread tiramisu is made with gingerbread cookies instead of ladyfingers and has all the flavors of Christmas and tiramisu! The recipe by Also The Crumbs Please only has 9 ingredients and only takes 15 minutes to make! Whip this delicious dessert up if you’re in a pinch! Serves 8.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (480ml)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar sifted (150g)
- 2 ¼ cups mascarpone (500g)
- ½ cup eggnog (120ml)
- 14-18 (about 4-inch) gingerbread men cookies
- ½ cup strong black coffee (120ml)
- 1 tbsp rum
- unsweetened cocoa, chocolate sprinkles, or gingerbread men cookie crumbs for sprinkling on top
- Whip cream in a large bowl until stiff peaks form and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat egg yolks and sugar on medium-high speed until it’s getting white and creamy and sugar is completely dissolved for about 2 minutes. Add mascarpone and mix until combined. Add ¼ cup of eggnog and mix on low speed until creamy. Save the rest for the coffee. Fold in ¼ of the whipped cream with a spatula.
- Add 2 tbsp of the mascarpone cream to a 9×7 inch casserole and spread evenly on the bottom.
- In a small bowl stir together coffee, eggnog, and rum. Dunk gingerbread men cookies on both sides into coffee mixture and arrange about 7-9 gingerbread men cookies (depending on the size of your cookies) on the cream in the casserole. Spread the half of the cream on top. Repeat one more time ending up with a layer of cream on top. Pipe the remaining whipped cream on top. Cover with plastic wrap and let chill in the fridge overnight. Sprinkle with cocoa on top before serving. Store leftovers in the fridge up to 2 days.