This super moist pound cake is made with amaretto and topped with a buttery glaze. This recipe by This Delicious House serves 16 and takes 1 hour to make.
- 1 cup butter, softened (two sticks)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups sugar
- ¼ cup Amaretto Liqueur
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 6 large eggs
Amaretto Butter Glaze:
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter (half a stick)
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto Liqueur
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Coat a nonstick bundt pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sour cream, and sugar until fluffy; about two minutes. Add in the amaretto and vanilla and mix to combine. Pour in the flour and mix to combine. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until mixture is fully combined.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt cake pan and bake for 65 to 75 minutes, or until the a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean or the sides of the cake start to pull away from the pan.
- During the last 5 minutes of baking, make the glaze. In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the sugar, butter, amaretto, and water. Bring to a slow boil, reduce heat, and simmer for three minutes.
- When cake is done cooking, remove from oven and use either a fork or skewer to poke holes all over the cake while it is still in the pan. Use a butter knife to loosen the cake around it’s edges in the pan, including the center hole. Carefully pour the hot glaze over the cake allowing the glaze to seep into the cake.
- Once all of the glaze has been absorbed, loosen the edges and center of the cake again using a butter knife. Flip cake over onto serving platter. Dust the top of the cake with powdered sugar before serving.