This incredible zucchini apple bread is drizzled in vanilla glaze. It makes the best breakfast, snack or dessert! This recipe by This Delicious House makes 12 servings and takes about an hour to make.
For the bread:
- 1 medium zucchini, grated and squeezed dry (about a cup)
- 1 medium apple, peeled and grated
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup applesauce
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the glaze:
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Use a box grater to grate the zucchini and apple. Squeeze the zucchini to remove any excess liquid. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, apple sauce, vegetable oil, and eggs until well combined. Stir in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt and stir until evenly combined. Fold in the grated zucchini and apple.
- Pour the batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake on the center rack in oven for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in bread comes out clean. Let cool on wire baking rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely.
- To make the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar, 2 teaspoons of milk, and vanilla, adding more milk to make a thinner glaze if desired. Drizzle overtop of cooled bread.
Notes: Be sure to squeeze the moisture out of the grated zucchini before adding it to the batter. Also, any peeled and cored apple works well with this recipe. The perfect make-ahead quick loaf, this Zucchini Apple Bread stays moist days after baking. Just store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week, or freeze for up to two months.