Remember when you put gel in your hair every day for school and never stopped wearing your kappa tracksuit? You are not alone. Many of us Italians did too!
Here is our list of top 10 things you had growing up Italian in the 2000s.
1. An Italian car as your desktop wallpaper
You were so proud when you figured out how to change the wallpaper on your Windows 2000. You had to put your favorite Lamborghini or Ferrari.
2. The Kappa Track Suit
The girls paired their Kappa attire with big silver hoops and the guys would wear head straps to hold back their spikey hair.
3. Downloading songs from Gigi D’Agostino and La Bouche from Limewire
Even if it was technically illegal, all your friends wanted your Limewire playlist
4. You had the Godfather theme song as your Motorola flip phone
And an Italian flag phone case too.
5. You only wanted to buy clothes from Parasuco, Diesel and Levis
No other store would do.
6. You loved showing off your new links on your Italian charm bracelet
Even if it would pinch your arm hairs you didn’t care. You were on trend
7. You used Dippity-do hair gel on a daily basis
This kept guys hair spiked all day and girls hair in curls even if it had that crunchy feel.
8. You collected anything from the 2006 World Cup when Italy Won
And everyone remembers how they celebrated that day when they won.
9. You watched The Soprano’s even if your parents told you not to
You looked up to Tony Soprano.
10. You saved Italian Lira because it was no longer used
You never really understood how to use it anyway.
What do you remember from the early 2000s? Share your memories in the comment section below.