The kitchen in an Italian home is probably the most important room in the house meaning that the fridge needs to be fully stocked with the essentials at all times.
Here is our list of top 8 items in every Italian’s fridge or freezer!
1. Salami or any sort of cured meat. Homemade or not.
2. Left over pasta
3. Peppers, tomatoes or something fresh from our own garden
4. Tomato Sauce (Usually stored in ice cream containers)
5. Grappa or some sort of Amaro
6. Frozen homemade pasta for a “rainy day”
7. Overstock on whatever was on sale at the grocery store that week
8. Oregano vacuum-packed from Italy
What kind of things do you normally have in your fridge or freezer? Let us know in the comment section below.