Here are 5 of the 18,976 reasons why Italians hate Olive Garden.
1. We grew up on Nonna’s homemade food, and frankly, this is insulting
When you grow up on homemade Italian food, nothing compares.
2. We criticize every restaurant to begin with
Italians criticize even the most authentic restaurants. Therefore, YOU BET we are going to criticize the artificial ones.
3. The sauce is never mixed into the pasta
In Italy, pasta and sugo must be amalgamated. The whole dry pasta randomly topped with a pile of sauce repulses Italians.
4. Excessive Garlic & Spices
Many dishes at Olive Garden are overly saturated with garlic and spices. While authentic Italian cooking uses garlic, it does not use it excessively.
5. The food is geared towards Americans
Every aspect of the menu at Olive Garden is geared towards Americans. Some examples include pasta dishes with fish and Fettuccine Alfredo. The “Italian” food at Olive Garden is as American as it gets.
Every Italian Ever