Here are the top 15 things you believed as an Italian kid! Things finally add up now!
1. You are not allowed to go swimming after you eat!
So apparently this was just a way of Italian parents saying they didn’t feel like watching us in the pool! Italian kids are always eating, so basically we barely got to swim. Real nice….
2. If you eat watermelon seeds, one will grow in your stomach!
I’m sure they told you this about watermelon or some other fruit!
3. If you touch a frog, you’re 100% going to get warts.
There is actually no evidence of this.
4. La Befana is bringing you coal this year if you act up!
You better be nice!
5. The only way to cut fruit is with Nonno’s pocket knife.
I mean, every family uses pocket knives to cut fruit…. right?
6. If you forget to wear socks, you are 100% getting sick.
Also, if you go out with wet hair.
7. Anyone over 30 is OLD!
As a young kid, you thought your 30-year-old teachers were ancient.
8. Sharpening pencils with a knife is normal.
Who needs a pencil sharpener when you’re Italian? Your pencils probably looked super messed up compared to your classmates with NORMAL parents who bought pencil sharpeners.
9. If you swallow gum, its always going to be in your body!
This is not true. Gum leaves our system just about as fast as anything else we eat.
10. Nonna & Nonno used to live in a black and white world.
All those black and white photos! What were we supposed to think!?
11. If you turn on the light in the car while your parents were driving, the cops were going to pull you over.
Thanks to Italian parents we were scared to touch ANYTHING!
12. If you forgot to wear your corno, you would get the malocchio.
To be honest, we still believe this though.
13. That EVERYONE knows what agita means.
No… It’s just an Italian thing, so don’t use the word in place of heartburn when talking to your American friends.
14. That drinking wine/espresso as a toddler was normal….
FYI, it was never normal.
15. Your family has their sh** together.
As a kid, you may have thought that adults had things figured out. When you grew up, you realized that your family is insane..