Rome is a stunning and historical location, and is the most visited city in Italy.
Here are 10 interesting facts you may not know about Roma!
1. The nickname of Rome is Caput Mundi, which is Italian for Capital of the World
2. There are over 2,000 fountains in Rome
3. Over 1.3 million euros are tossed every year in the Trevi Fountain
4. During ancient times, Rome was 32 times more densely populated than today
5. St Peter’s basilica in Vatican City is the largest church in the world
6. The Colosseum first opened in 80 ADD, and was flooded for naval battles
7. More than 500,000 gladiators and 1 million animals were killed during the Colosseum battles
8. The Romans were the first to use concrete for construction
9. The Colosseum is 1 of the 7 new wonders of the world
10. There is a secret passage from the Vatican to Castel Sant’Angelo