From the smell of garlic in the morning, to wearing an Italian horn, to dodging slippers, you are not alone. This just means you grew up in an Italian-American household! Here are 30 signs that you and all Italians can relate to!
1. Your last name ends in a vowel.
A,E, I, O, U
2. You can’t have a conversation without using hand gestures.
3. You know when you say goodbye it’s going to be a few more hours…
4. Waking up to the smell of garlic and basil is normal to you.
5. You know what “agita” is and you don’t want to be someone who gives people it!
6. You have an uncle Joe, Frank, Jimmy or Anthony.
7. You leave the house with the light on instead of turning it off.
8. You’re not afraid to mangia!
9. You know that Sundays are for sugo!
10. Nutella is a staple item in your home.
11. According to your Nonna, you’re never allowed to be full or dieting, and if you ever tell you’re Nonna that you’re full she gets offended.
12. You know what wooden spoons are for, and you’ve most likely become an expert at dodging shoes and slippers.
13. Your Italian horn gets mistaken for a pepper regularly…
14. Your Nonno loves his garden more than anything in the world.
15. You celebrate Christmas on December 24th.
16. Your Nonna doesn’t stop to sit and eat because she’s too busy serving everyone else!
17. If something bad has happened, it must be the malocchio!
18 There’s plastic on your Nonna’s couch.
19. You value respect.
20. You call your mother…
21. You dunk your bread in gravy.
22. You know that it isn’t a wedding without sugared almonds.
23. You only have two volumes: Loud and LOUDER.
24. When you start to see the Panettone come out, you know it’s Christmas time!
View this post on Instagram
Who has the panettone ready? 😋 Owner @mikecarioscia and the entire #HardcoreItalian team would like to wish you and your family a Buon Nalate!! 🎅🏼🇮🇹 Thank you so much to all who ordered from us this Christmastime. We are taking a few days to relax and enjoy time with family, but in 2018 we promise more BIG things to come! We appreciate your support and helping our mission to spread Italian pride all over the world 💯🇮🇹 #hcitalians #italianchristmas
25. You started drinking wine at age 10, most likely mixed with 7 Up!