This is one of the most simple Italian creme cakes! It is extremely moist and spongey! This is the ideal treat for when you have company over especially because it has the perfect amount of sweetness! The coconut flakes and toasted pecans add the most delicious touch! Just add an espresso on the side and enjoy!
- 1½ cups (340 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package (225 grams) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (400 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (220 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons (4.5 grams) kosher salt
- 5 large eggs (250 grams)
- 1 tablespoon (13 grams) vanilla extract
- 3 cups (375 grams) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 grams) baking powder
- 1 cup (113 grams) finely chopped toasted pecans
- 1 cup (50 grams) sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- Garnish: confectioners’ sugar
- Get out a 15-cup Bundt pan and lightly coat it with baking spray. In a bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle, beat cream cheese and butter together entirely. The consistency should be smooth. Slowly increase the speed of the mixer to high. Add in the sugar and salt and continue beating for 7 more minutes. Beat in eggs one by one. Add in vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together baking powder and flour. Lower speed to low and begin adding in the flour to the butter mix. Mix in the pecans and coconut.
- Using a large spoon, pour all of the batter into the pan. Place the pan in a cold oven. Bake the cake for an hour and a half at 300 degrees F until you can put a toothpick in it and it comes out clean. Let the cake cool for 15 minutes while still in the pan. Remove the cake from the pan onto a wire rack. Add a bit of confectioner’s sugar to the top and enjoy!