Turkey? No, we have lasagna. If you’re Italian-American, you know that Thanksgiving means a kitchen full of family, delicious food, and lots of loud talking. Here are 14 things that happen at every Italian-American Thanksgiving!
1. You wake up to the smell of food at 8:00 a.m
2. Your family tells Nonna to sit down at least 17 times
3. Your family begins grocery shopping a week in advance
4. There is ALWAYS lasagna and it is way more important than the turkey
5. You get full off appetizers but obviously continue to eat
6. Everyone is already buzzed off wine at 1:00 p.m.
7. The kitchen is so packed that you can barely move. Everyone would rather hangout there than the livingroom
8. There are 12 conversations going on at once and everyone is yelling across the table
9. There are PLENTY of desserts and you don’t even know where to begin
10. Dessert is always served with espresso
11. You have leftovers for a week but you’re already used to that from Sunday dinner
12. Family comes in huge groups
13. You’re always waiting on your favorite cousin to arrive
14. There is Italian music playing loud in the background
- Main Image: Unsplash