Since we have entered persimmon (cachi) season, why not add it to some of your favourite dishes! The sweet yet mild taste of a persimmon taste great in salads, cookies, and even pasta and rice too! Check out this flavourful persimmon risotto recipe by LericettediGian.
• 190 g of Arborio Rice
• 3 Persimmons
• 110 g of Gorgonzola Cheese
• 1 Litre of Vegetable Broth
• 20 g of Butter
• 15 g of Almonds
- Remove skin of all 3 persimmon’s, chop up almonds and start boiling the vegetable broth
- Melt butter in a pan and add the rice to toast it
- Add vegetable broth to pan a little at a time. Stir rice and broth together consistently.
- Before rice is almost fully cooked, add a pinch of salt if necessary and stir.
- Add the peeled persimmons and stir.
- Add the gorgonzola cheese and chopped almonds and stir up until all ingredients are combined.
Not a fan of gorgonzola? Switch it out for whatever cheese you prefer.
Main Photo and Video by LericettediGian