Colomba on its own is pretty good, but add Nutella to the mix and it’s a total game changer! Get your ingredients ready and lets start the recipe!
- 1 Colomba
- 250 ml of Sweetened Cream
- 250 g of Mascarpone
- 20 g of Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Cup of Milk
- 250 g of Nutella
- Start by removing the sugar glaze layer of the Colomba.
- Cut the Colomba into strips and prepare the cream filling by mixing the cream and mascarpone together
- Assemble the strips of Colomba in a saran-wrapped bowl. Make sure the entire inside of the bowl is covered.
- Brush the strips with a little milk.
- Add the cream, then another layer of Colomba until you have reached the top of the bowl.
- Once you’ve put the second last layer of the Colomba, mix cocoa powder into the remaining cream and add as the last cream layer of the zuccotto.
- Add a last layer of Colomba, wrap, and leave it in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Once it’s cooled, flip it over on to a serving plate and add your Nutella to the entire cake.
- Decorate it as you wish!
How do you like to eat Colomba? Let us know in the comments.
Main Photo and Video by Fatto in Casa da Benedetta