Celebrity Chef Mario Rizzotti was recently on Chicago’s WGN9 News where he shared an amazing and authentic recipe for Spaghetti Alla Carbonara!
- Spaghetti “Gentile” 1 pound
- Guanciale “ Tempesta” Or Pancetta 7 oz
- Large egg yolks 5
- Roman pecorino 5 oz grated
- Black pepper to taste
- Cook the “Gentile” pasta according to directions on the box. Cut the Guanciale into strips. Sauté the Guanciale, until crispy.
- Mix the yolks, the grated Pecorino Romano cheese, and the black pepper in a bowl. Stir in 1/3 cup of the cooking water to loosen up the mixture in case it is too thick.
- Drain pasta al dente, then toss with the crispy Guanciale.
- Stir in the yolk mixture and mix well in a separate bowl until the sauce starts thickening, but make sure the eggs do not become overcooked.
- Serve immediately,