- 300 g “00” Flour + more for dusting
- 3 Whole eggs + 2 egg yolks
- Pour flour onto a flat surface and create a well in the center.
- Crack eggs into the well and beat until eggs run off the fork without lumps (you can also do this separately in a bowl beforehand).
- Slowly begin incorporating flour with a fork until it’s solid enough to work with your hands.
- Knead dough for 5 minutes and let rest covered with plastic wrap for 30 minutes.
5. Cut dough ball in half and roll out until it fits through the largest setting on the pasta machine.
6. Continue rolling on smaller and smaller settings until dough is 1/16″ thick or translucent.
7. Tri-fold the sheet of dough and repeat the rolling process three times, dusting each time. This builds strength in the dough.
8. Once dough is at the desired thickness, dust with flour and cut into 8 inch long sheets.
9. Stack a few sheets at a time and cut into 1 inch wide strips (desired width of Pappardelle). Dust with flour.
10. Cook Pappardelle until al dente (about 2 minutes) in well salted water.