- 1 cup AP flour
- 1 cup polenta corn grits
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk of choice (dairy free works too)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Pour flour, polenta corn grits, sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl and mix until well incorporated.
- Add milk, olive oil and egg and mix until smooth.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour mixture into a greased 8×8 baking dish and bake for 40 minutes at 400 degrees.
5. In a sauce pan over medium low heat (or microwave), warm honey, butter and powdered sugar and mix with a fork. Pour over polenta bread 5 minutes before removing from oven.
6. Let bread cool and enjoy!