- 1/4 cup Arborio rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 onion minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Splash of white wine
- 1/2 can of sweet peas
- 1 bunch of mint leaves
- Sweat minced onion in olive oil until translucent. Stir to avoid sticking.
- Add arborio rice and lightly toast.
- Add splash of wine and cook out the alcohol.
- Once wine has cooked out, add 1/4 cup of water at a time, waiting until it has absorbed each time before adding more. Stir regularly to avoid sticking.
- Add butter, cheese and mint and continue stirring to emulsify and incorporate.
- Once you’ve reached your desired consistency, stir in peas.
- Remove from heat soon after adding peas, you do not want them to over cook.
- Serve in a bowl and add more mint for garnish.