Serves 6 people – 20 minutes start to finish
- 1 1/2 lb Veal cutlets
- 8 oz Provolone cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat grill or broiler and soak wood skewers in water to prevent burning (you can also cover ends of skewers in aluminum foil when you’re ready to cook).
- Place veal cutlets between two sheets of wax paper and pound them gently using a meat pounder or mallet until 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut veal into 2×3 inch pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut provolone into 1×2 inch sticks and places in the center of the veal cutlet.
- Sprinkle parsley and garlic over cheese and roll up each piece of veal. Secure with skewers.
- Brush veal in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and breadcrumbs.
- Grill veal skewers until meat is browned and cheese is melted.
- Serve with tomato dipping sauce or stacked on the skewer.