This is my go to pasta when I’m super hungry and don’t have a lot of time. It only takes about 20 minutes to make and serves 4 people. Sometimes I used canned sardines or anchovies in place of the tuna but any canned fish will do!
- 16 oz Farfalle pasta
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 can tuna in olive oil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt + more to taste
- 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano + more for garnish
- Cook farfalle in a deep pan of salted, boiling water until al dente. Reserve pasta liquid at the end of the boil. Drain pasta, drizzle in olive oil and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add canned tuna with olive oil (you can add a little more olive oil to the pan if you need to), canned chickpeas, sliced zucchini, salt and red pepper flakes.
- Cook over medium heat until zucchini is soft and tender. Add farfalle pasta to the pan as well as reserved pasta liquid and pecorino romano.
- Stir until well incorporated and mixture coats the pasta.
- Serve with crusty bread and pecorino romano for garnish.