I created a waffle recipe for myself awhile ago and wanted to change it up with some ricotta and polenta! I love the texture the polenta adds and the ricotta gives them a bit of richness. These are crispy which I prefer because I douse my waffles in maple syrup! I also topped them with mascarpone cheese and fig spread – I would probably make a whipped mascarpone next time and add some blueberries! Any topping will do though, you could even go with a savory garnish like pancetta or eggs.
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup ap flour
- 1/2 cup polenta corn grits
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup milk (dairy free works too)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tsp corn starch
- Non-stick oil spray
- Grease and preheat waffle iron.
- Add ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Pour enough waffle batter into waffle iron to fill slots and cook until golden brown.
- Serve with your choice of toppings! Enjoy!