This is absolutely one of the best meals I’ve eaten all year and it was made with scraps from my fridge! It is quick and easy to prepare – only a few ingredients and very little effort. I recommend this with a glass of red or white wine, an arugula salad and some crusty bread!
- 8 oz Farfalle pasta
- 1 ball of Burrata
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 lb Pancetta sliced into matchsticks
- 1 bunch fresh basil chopped
- Sea salt
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook farfalle until al dente. Reserve a cup of pasta water near the end of the boil before draining for later. Note: I like to use a coffee cup for the pasta water because it’s easy to scoop out. You can also use a ladle.
- In a pan, cook pancetta over medium heat until crispy. Leave pancetta in the pan and remove from heat.
- In a blender, mix burrata and heavy cream until smooth.
- Add cooked pasta, burrata cream and a splash of pasta water to the pan of pancetta and turn up the heat to medium.
- Mix with a wooden spoon to emulsify until pasta is coated in cream and the cream is thick and not runny.
- Mix in salt to taste and basil before serving. Note: Remember that pancetta is salty but you will need more salt to cut the fat of the cream. Always taste before serving! Enjoy!