The easiest way to make a burger is with Italian sausage because the meat is already seasoned! Topped with provolone cheese, grilled red peppers and onions, this burger is a summer crowd pleaser! This recipe takes about 30 minutes and makes 4 burgers.
- Form 4 1/4 lb patties with ground Italian sausage.
- Place patties on a grill or griddle and cook each side.
Note: Place provolone on patties to melt before removing from heat.
- Grill red pepper and onion until charred, remove from heat and slice into strips. Toss with olive oil and sea salt.
- For pesto recipe, click here.
- To assemble burgers, place the provolone covered patties in between sliced ciabatta bread. Add a spoonful of pesto and top with grilled onions and red peppers and optional arugula.