Acquasala is a summer staple in my house! It combines fresh tomatoes, stale bread, olive oil and onions to make the perfect rustic salad. Serve it alongside a grilled protein of your choice and some vino for a delicious, simple and complete meal!
- 4 cups roughly chopped fresh tomatoes (save the juices from the cutting board)
- 2 cups stale crusty bread
- 1 small red or white onion roughly chopped
- 1 bunch of fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup EVOO
- Sea salt
- Place tomatoes, onion, reserved juices and oregano into a large bowl.
- Tear bread into chunks the same size as the tomatoes and add to bowl.
- Pour in olive oil and stir to combine. Let sit for 10-15 minutes at room temperature to allow juices and oil to soak into the bread.
- Garnish with sea salt and serve!