If there is anything better than tiramisu, it’s this recipe for tiramisu ice cream cake! Click the red button below to print the full instructions.
- 2 x 250g tubs mascarpone
- 115g caster sugar
- 6 tbsp marsala
- 50g dark chocolate, chopped
- 142ml tub double cream, lightly whipped
- 5 tbsp fresh ground coffee
- 85g caster sugar
- 3 tbsp brandy
- 200g bag Italian sponge biscuit (Lady fingers)
- cocoa, for dusting
- 142ml tub double cream, lightly whipped for garnish
- chocolate shavings for garnish
- Line a 1kg loaf tin with cling film.
- Beat the mascarpone, sugar and marsala together then fold in the chocolate and cream.
- Make up the coffee with 600ml boiling water, leave for 5 mins then strain into a bowl and stir in the sugar and brandy.
- Reserve 2 biscuits then quickly dip the remainder as you use them into the coffee mixture and line them along the base and up the long sides of the tin (they will stand above the rim).
- Spoon in half the creamy mixture. Dip the last biscuits into the coffee and place on top end to end.
- Spoon the remaining creamy mixture on top, then fold over the sponge fingers above the rim and press lightly into the filling.
- Cover and freeze. To serve, turn out onto a plate, strip off the cling film and dust generously with cocoa. Spoon the cream down the centre and decorate with the chocolate.