Frozen chocolate covered bananas were a summer staple in my house growing up! Chocolate and bananas is a perfect pair but if you step it up with some Nutella, it’s even better! You can garnish these with hazelnuts, chocolate chips, peanuts, almonds, sprinkles, whatever you like. Kids and adults love this sweet frozen treat! This recipe makes 8 frozen bananas.
- 4 ripe but firm bananas (very yellow with little to no brown specks)
- 13 oz jar of Nutella
- Popsicle sticks
- Optional garnish: chopped nuts, sprinkles, mini chocolate chips
- Peel bananas and slice them in half. Insert popsicle stick into each half.
- Place bananas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze 15 minutes.
- Melt Nutella in a microwave safe bowl uncovered in the microwave for 15 seconds, remove and stir. Consistency should be runny.
- Remove bananas from freezer and roll each banana in Nutella. Sprinkle garnish if using.
- Place bananas back on tray with parchment and freeze for 1 hour.
- Keep frozen and consume within 1 week of making.