If you are a fan a figs (like most of us are) then this recipe is the perfect recipe to try especially while we are currently in fig season. Check out the delicious recipe by Tutti a Tavola below!
- 300 g of 00 Flour
- 1 Egg
- 100 g of Sugar
- 100 g of Butter or Margarine
- 8 g of Baking Powder
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- 350 g Ricotta
- 4 Tbsps of Sugar
- 1 Lemon
- 4-5 Figs
- Start by placing your flour, sugar, butter, egg, salt, baking powder, and zest from half a lemon onto a clean flat surface to make your crostata dough.
- Knead all ingredients by hand until you get a smooth texture.
- Create a cylinder shape with the dough and cover in plastic wrap and let it sit in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- While waiting for the dough, start making the ricotta cream by mixing your ricotta, sugar, and zest from the lemon. Mix until ricotta is creamy.
- Once your dough is cooled, break off 1/3 of it as it will be used for the top of the crostata.
- Roll out the remaining dough big enough to cover a 24cm pan.
- Butter the bottom of your pan and place your dough inside pressing down the sides and corners until it’s all evened out.
- Fill your pan with the ricotta cream and cut up as many peeled figs as you’d like on top.
- Break up the remaining dough into little pieces and place on top of the crostata in any design you’d like along with an even sprinkle of sugar.
- Place in the oven at 180°C for 30 minutes.
- Once cooled, sprinkle icing sugar and freshly cut figs on top for decoration and enjoy!
What’s your favorite way to enjoy figs? Share your suggestions below in the comments.
[Tutti a Tavola]