Grab your zucchinis and follow along with nonna Gina Petitti as she makes her sweet and delicious zucchini and walnut cake!
Ingredients for Cake:
- 2 Cups of Shredded Zucchini
- 2 Cups of Sifted All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp of Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp of Salt
- 1 Tsp of Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp of Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp of Nutmeg
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup of Light Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup of Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup of Chopped Toasted Walnuts
- 1 Tbsp Butter of Butter (to grease baking dish)
Ingredients for Icing:
- 3/4 Cup of Powdered Sugar
- 2 -3 Tsp of Water or Milk
- Start by placing the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg into a sifter and sift over a large bowl.
- In another bowl, add eggs, oil, brown sugar, and vanilla extract and mix all together.
- Slowly add in your flour mixture into the bowl with your wet ingredients and mix together.
- Add the zucchini and mix it again.
- Butter the surface of your baking pan then place the zucchini cake mixture into the pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes
- Once the cake is baked, let it cook.
- To make the icing, place your icing sugar into a bowl and slowly mix in your water or milk until you get a creamy icing like consistency.
- Spread the icing on the top of the cake as you’d like and add your walnuts.
- Get the coffee ready, serve, and enjoy.
Let us know in the comments if you try this recipe out!