In our YouTube series Cookin’ With G, host Giuliana Calascibetta makes her family’s version of riso al forno!
- 3 cups of white rice
- 15 eggs (really)
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 7 slices of mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Hardboil 7 of the eggs in a pot of boiling water. Peel eggs and slice them.
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil and add rice, stirring occasionally until cooked.
- Add butter to the rice and stir until it’s completely melted.
- Grease an oven safe baking dish and add half of the rice, spreading it evenly around the bottom of the dish.
- Add 1 cup of grated Parmigiano on top of the rice, reserving 1 cup for later.
- Add sliced eggs on top of the cheese in the baking dish.
- Next, add the spinach.
- In a bowl, beat the remaining eggs and pour half of the eggs over the spinach in the baking dish.
- Add 1/2 cup of Parmigiano next and then cover the top with mozzarella.
- Add the rest of the rice on top of the mozzarella and pour remaining eggs on top of that.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and add remaining Parmigiano on top.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes and enjoy!