This twist on the classic Sicilian dish incorporates tomatoes, Parmigiano, lemon and breadcrumbs. I used gemelli but any pasta shape will do! I love making this recipe because it’s a quick meal made in the time it takes to cook the pasta!
1. Cook pasta in a pot of salted, boiling water until al dente.
2. Meanwhile in a pan, sautee garlic, anchovies and sardines in olive oil. Break up the sardines and anchovies with a wooden spoon.
3. Add tomatoes and simmer for several minutes until pasta is ready.
4. Drain pasta, reserving a cup of the water.
5. Add cooked pasta to the pan with sardines; add breadcrumbs, Parmigiano and a splash of pasta water. Stir with a wooden spoon until pasta is coated like the picture above.
6. Squeeze half a lemon over the pasta and salt to taste, stir to combine and serve.